Sunday, December 06, 2009

America's Got TALENTI!

Hello Foodies,

Recently, I was in Washington, DC speaking at a conference and I met Fred Neubauer, who heads up the sales and marketing for a wonderful new gelato and sorbetto, called TALENTI. Gelato is my favorite dessert and I'm always eager to try a new one.

Fred was nice enough to send me 9 pints to test and did we ever - Tahitian Vanilla Bean, Belgium Milk Chocolate, Caribbean Coconut, Double Dark Chocolate, Caramel Cookie Crunch gelato and Roman Raspberry, Sonoma Strawberry, Hill Country Peach Champagne, and Blood Orange sorbetto!


We decided it best for us not to be the only tasters so we brought in the pros. First is Rachel Kloss - 20-something artist, production guru, dog and gelato lover and her #1 fave is the Blood Orange!

Pictured above is Pamela Abbott, Executive Content Producer, Online Media for Food & Wine and her hubby, Eric Abbott, who is about to launch a new advice site for guys called AskEric.com. They loved the Caribbean Coconut, Tahitian Vanilla, the Double Dark Chocolate and all the sorbettos.

The Forks opinions go like this - for prez Melissa Joachim, her hands down favorite is the Double Dark Chocolate. I always use vanilla as my yardstick because I think it's tough to make a good one and TALENTI'S is great - clean vanilla taste and not too sweet. I also love the Blood Orange sorbetto.

This product also gets points for the packaging. TALENTI comes in clear containers so you can see its contents. The twist-on top make them great to keep even after the gelato is gone but don't wait too long. Visit www.talentigelato.com to order TALENTI online or find out the store nearest you that carries it! You can also read about TALENTI's history and why it's good for you.

Enjoy,

Lisa

1 comment:

E Abb said...

Thanks Melissa, We really enjoyed the ice creams as you can see I still have my scoop in my mouth. Sorry to say also that askeric.com is already taken by a Mr. Eric Brown. Bummer, but I will find a way to reach the outside world.